Sometimes, the cause of this is an out of date driver.
If you haven't updated your Graphics drivers in a while: Instructions on how to check and update your drivers can be found on the Steam support website here.
Otherwise, your system may be missing some required dependencies for Block N Load to function:
You may find that your system does not have an updated copy of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
This can be installed from the official Microsoft website here. To install this use the link and then follow the instructions on the Microsoft website.
Additionally, when Block N Load first launched, Steam should have attempted to install several required dependencies. On some versions of Microsoft Windows you may have been prompted to allow this installation to continue. If this installation was prevented you may experience issues launching and playing Block N Load.
Fortunately there are two ways to resolve this!
When starting Block N Load again you may be prompted to allow these installations. Please allow them to go ahead.
If this doesn’t happen you may need to manually run the installers.
- Go to your Steam Library
- Right click on “Block N Load”
- Click on “Properties”
- Select the “Local Files” tab
- Click on “Browse Local Files…”. This should open the folder Block N Load was downloaded to.
- Double-Click on the “_CommonRedist” folder
- Double-Click on the “vcredist” folder
- Double-Click on the “2012” folder
- Double-Click on the “vcredist_x86” file and follow the on screen instructions
- Once the installer has finished
- Go back to the “_CommonRedist” folder
- Double-Click on the “DirectX” folder
- Double-Click on the “Jun2010” folder
- Double-Click on “DXSETUP” and follow the on screen instructions