You have probably selected a resolution which either your monitor or your graphics card doesn’t fully support. Don’t worry though because there is a work-around to let you change the settings again.
To get yourself back in to game:
- Launch Block N Load
- Wait for the black screen to be displayed
- On your keyboard press “Alt” and “Enter” at the same time
- You should now find that Block N Load has been put in to windowed mode and be able to see the menu again
- Click on the settings button
- Click on the “Graphics” tab
- Set a different resolution
- Click on the “Apply” button
- Press “Alt” and “Enter” at the same time again to put Block N Load back in to full screen mode.
If your screen becomes black again after this you may need to repeat the process and try another resolution. Usually selecting the resolution that your desktop is displayed in will be the best choice.